Why do food and beverage businesses need insurance?

Businesses that sell food and beverage products face a variety of risks, including injury or damage caused by the consumable products. Oyster can help mitigate these risks by providing the right coverage for your business.

What coverage do food and beverage businesses need?

General Liability

General Liability (GL) protects your business from legal claims and liability that arise from your operations. Food and beverage brands in particular carry many inherent liability risks, so GL is always recommended.

Business Owner’s

Business Owner’s (BOP) combines your liability and property coverages to protect you from liability lawsuits, theft, and lost business income.

Product Liability

Product liability protects food and beverage businesses in the event of damages or harm resulting from a product that was sold to a customer. Food, drinks, or ingestible packaged goods can cause injury due to the use of certain ingredients.

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation ensures that your employees are covered from on-site injury and illness, including lost wages and medical expenses.

What types of food and beverage businesses can Oyster cover?

Oyster can cover most types of food and beverage businesses, including energy drinks, dairy, snacks, coffee, packaged meals, and more.

Get started today

Oyster makes it easy to get started with an online quote flow. Start today and get a free quote.

Get a free quote